Sunday: Family Service at 9:30 AM; Main Service at 10:00 AM
Service, Sunday School, and Nursery Care
Sunday School and Nursery Care during the Service.
Fair Trade Coffee, Refreshments, & Conversation Afterward.
- May 5, 2013 “Now Is The Time! Compassionate Immigration Reform”
- Even as we celebrate Cinco de Mayo, eleven million people live, work, attend school, and pay taxes, yet they live in constant fear of being caught and deported. More than at any time in the last 25 years, we have an opportunity to fix this broken system and bring people out of the shadows. This is a moral issue as well as a legal one, and how we deal with it will be an enduring measure of our values as a society. Can we enact true compassionate, fair, and just immigration reform? What is our role in shaping a caring and equitable immigration policy?
Reverend Craig Scott
- Supplement after service Compassionate Immigration Reform
- May 12, 2013 “We\'re All Mothering Someone”
- Mother\\\'s Day was originally founded as an antiwar rallying cry by Unitarian Julia Ward Howe. This history reminds us that Mother’s Day is more than a day for flowers and pancakes. It\\\'s a time to highlight the aspects of motherhood that are not usually visible in the greeting card aisles. It’s a call to honor the resiliency of all those who mother, especially those who bear the brunt of hurtful policies or who are weighed down by stigma in our culture. It’s opportunity to take action to create the conditions so that all families can thrive. From the UUA Website where you can go to learn more (http://www.uua.org/reproductive/action/284636.shtml/).
Rev. Nina Kalmoutis
- May 19, 2013 “Coming Of Age Recognition Service”
- During this service, which is the culmination of this year\'s Coming of Age Program, Rosemary Beall, Andres Lopez, and Theo Stowell will present to us their Credo Statements, or statements of belief. Join us this Sunday as we celebrate together their coming of age.
Our Coming of Age Youth
- Supplement after service Semi Annual Congregational Business Meeting
- May 26, 2013 “Y. B. U. U.?”
Rev. Nina Kalmoutis